| I am posting up because this is a great opportunity for anyone who loves science and love the Lord firstly. I would apply except for my upper senior age who is suffering from numerous ailments. I sure would like too!
Reasons to Believe (RTB) is seeking a Donor Relations Manager to join our team in Covina, California. This team member will play an essential role in helping the ministry pursue all that the Lord has put on our hearts to accomplish in the months and years ahead.
Please take a moment to review the job description below and consider whether you or someone you know may be a good candidate for this position. We are working closely with a fundraising specialist to help us in the hiring process for this position. If you are interested in applying or have a recommendation for us, please feel free to share this job posting and/or send your résumé, cover letter, and compensation requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blessings and many thanks for your prayerful consideration,
Ministry Advancement Director
RTBs Mission and Core Values
RTBs mission is to spread the Christian Gospel by demonstrating that sound reason and scientific research—including the very latest discoveries—consistently support, rather than erode, confidence in the truth of the Bible and faith in the personal, transcendent God revealed in both Scripture and nature.
Our directors and staff have affirmed a set of values and qualities that set RTB apart. While other faithful Christian ministries may share one or more of these same qualities, Reasons to Believe embraces all of them together:
- A high view of both Scripture and science—because God has given us two books
- Apologetics for the sake of evangelism—because the Great Commission is ours to fulfill
- Commitment to application—because intellectual engagement should build faith, not merely win arguments
- Development of a testable creation model—because the world needs a positive, growing case for faith in a caring Creator
- Readiness to give reasons (1 Peter 3:15a)—because people have questions and doubts that deserve reasonable, well-researched responses
- Communication with gentleness, respect, and a clear conscience (1 Peter 3:15b)—because people respond to our attitude as well as to our words
The Donor Relations Manager (DRM) will report to the Ministry Advancement Director with a focus on connecting the interests and passions of donors with giving opportunities. The DRM will develop relationships, primarily working with major donors and prospects at the major gifts level (five, six, and seven-figure gifts) in support of the organizations vision and support needs. The DRM will engage, solicit, and steward a portfolio of approximately 100 major-gift-level donors by making at least 20 in-person contacts each month. The DRM will also contribute to other strategic fundraising initiatives as part of RTBs development strategy.
The DRM will
- Implement the major gift program for RTB to meet specific funding objectives and will help plan, assist, and evaluate other initiatives as directed, with an emphasis on stewardship.
- Qualify donor prospects as to their affinity with RTB and its mission and their capacity for giving; set relationship priorities to ensure effectiveness.
- Serve alongside key executives of RTB as lead solicitor and steward of major donors by developing strong relationships, cultivating continued interest in the mission and financial strength of RTB.
- Develop meaningful, face-to-face relationships with donors, making appropriate in-person requests for support.
- Assist in fundraising events that engage and cultivate support for RTBs vision.
- Work with program staff to secure project information, create donor offers, and report to donors how their giving made a difference.
- Maintain thorough records of interactions and contributions in donor database systems.
- Meet weekly with the Ministry Advancement Director to report on monthly visits, relationship development, relevant activities, and progress toward goals.
- Be able to travel by land and air at least 50% of the time, with occasional overnight and weekend stays.
- Five or more years of progressive development experience, including at least three years of successful, face-to-face, major gift development experience.
- Demonstrated success in securing six-figure gifts.
- A proven track record (supported by references) in building strong donor relationships and achieving revenue goals as a major gift professional.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. (The qualified candidate will be asked to provide communication and writing samples.)
- Experience in fundraising analytics, specifically understanding how to use data analysis to identify donor prospects, capacity, and giving interests.
- Skill in using structured major donor prospecting approaches, in applying cultivation and stewardship disciplines, and in using performance-based measurements for success.
- Strong, active listening and dynamic presentation skills; an enthusiastic spirit with demonstrated experience in sharing vision.
- Proven ability to contribute as a strategist and to think quickly and creatively.
- Character traits including humility, genuineness, approachability, integrity, flexibility, emotional resilience, initiative, and confidence; ability to interact with board members and executive staff, as well as major donors.
- Bachelors degree (required); graduate work, a plus.
- Experience with at least one donor database system.
- Personal passion for evangelism and for generating investment in RTBs vision.
Apply here: email@example.com